Road Safety Awareness
Message from the Chairman
We are working to improve road safety outside the School and your support for this campaign is crucial.
Please read the advice below and discuss with your son/daughter the potential risks involved when you drop off and collect them from School.
Please consult the Parking Guide provided which gives guidance on suitable places to collect your son/daughter.
Help to cut down the number of journeys to the School by taking part in the Car Sharing Scheme (see below)
We value your support and welcome suggestions that will help raise road safety standards. If you can help or would like to attend the next meeting or if you would simply like to discuss road safety issues around the School, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students - Stay Alert
- Concentrate on the road dangers around you, avoid getting side tracked
- Never cross the road using a mobile phone, I-Pod or listening to an MP3 player
- Look out for cars, coaches and other vehicles
- Say NO to your driver stopping on the zigzag lines
- Say NO to your driver stopping on the opposite side of the road
- Say NO to your driver asking you to get out of the car on the traffic side
Drivers - Drive Safely
- Zig–zag lines – do not stop, even for a moment
- Always let students out on the kerbside
- Do not stop on the opposite side of the road
Surveys have shown that around 600 students are dropped off and collected each day (including those students who drive themselves to and from school). With the amount of traffic this generates, we are keen to promote car sharing. Therefore, if you are interested in taking part in a Car Share Register, please email email@example.com with the following details:
- Your name, address, phone number and email address
- Your child’s name and year group
Please note that these details will be share with others on the Car Sharing Register so that you can contact each other to make suitable arrangements.
If you have already registered and would like to remain on the Register for the next academic year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even though dropping off/picking up conditions outside the School gates have improved greatly, a small number of drivers continue to flout the law and stop on the zigzag lines. This is very dangerous and is likely to lead to a student being injured. The Police are actively patrolling the area and drivers who stop in the prohibited area are likely to be prosecuted.
Our aim is to prevent injury to the children at the start and end of their school day caused by the inconsiderate and potentially dangerous driving habits of a minority of car drivers.
TTS Walking/Cycling Map - Download
Park Away from School Gate - Download
Pledge - Download
Police Message - Download
Winter Safety message - Download
Getting to School by Bus
Getting to School by bike
Map My Ride
Walking and Cycling
Cycling to School