Below is displayed the current homework issued to students. Please note, this page only displays items with a creation date or deadline within 2 weeks of today's date.
You should learn the following spellings and definitions:
1. Acquire (v) 2. Category (n) 3. Conclude (v) 4. Culture (n) 5. Feature (n) 6. Invest (v) 7. Participate (v) 8. Purchase (v) 9. Resource (n) 10. Strategy (n)
You should fill in your spelling sheet. As well as writing out each spelling three times, you also need to research and write your own definitions and use each word appropriately in a sentence.
IF YOU LOSE YOUR SPELLING SHEET, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE TASK FULLY ON PAPER.
Please learn the following spellings and definitions.
Choose 2 to put into your own sentences.
Acquire - Buy or obtain something for yourself.
He had finally acquired the book.
Category -A class or division of people or things regarded as having particular shared characteristics.
The shirt was in a particular category of clothing.
Conclude- Bring or come to an end.
The ceremony was concluded.
The ideas, customs, and social behaviour of a particular people or society.
It is a very interesting culture.
A distinctive attribute or aspect of something.
There are many features of analytical writing.
Put money into financial schemes, shares or property.
Provide someone or something with a particular quality or attribute.
I am not going to invest in this company.
Take part in an action.
It is important to participate in the lesson.
Acquire something by paying for it.
I would like to purchase this bag of sweets.
A stock or supply of money, materials, staff etc.
It was an important resource to the company.
A plan of action designed to achieve a long-term or overall aim
He used a range of strategies to fix the broken fridge.
Practoce the spellings of and learn the definition of the Week 8 words.
You should also revise any topics you got wrong in the big quiz!
You should undertake at least one hour's reading over the course of the week. This should be recorded on your homework reading log to include date, pages read and a brief description of what you have read. If you lose your reading log, please write down information and transfer it onto a new reading log next lesson.
You need to practice your chosen poem in preparation for your poetry recital to the rest of the class. This will take place during the last lesson of term. You should accompany your recital with a brief presentation about the poem/poet.
Complete ONE HOUR of reading.
This can be anything - books, magazines or articles online. But there needs to be an hour of it completed over the week and summarised at the end.
If your reading log becomes lost or damaged, please record your reading on paper to write into a reading log later on.
You should also be practising your chosen poem in order to be ready for the recital at the end of term.
Please complete your spelling sheet and learn the following spellings and definitions:
1. Achieve (v) 2. Assist (v) 3. Compute (v) 4. Credit (n) 5. Evaluate (v) 6. Institiute (n) 7. Obtain (v) 8. Primary (adj) 9. Reside (v) 10. Site (n)
IF YOU LOSE YOUR SPELLING SHEET, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE TASKS ON PAPER. EACH SPELLING SHOULD BE WRITTEN OUT THREE TIMES, A DEFINITION GIVEN AND EACH WORD USED APPROPRIATELY IN A SENTENCE.
Please have a look over everything we have learned so far for a quiz next lesson.
Please also learn the 10 spellings this week and choose 2 to write your own sentence.
1) Achieve (v) - To succeed in reaching a particular goal, status or standard, especially by making an effort for a long time.
2) Assist (v) - To help somebody to do something or to help something to happen
3) Compute (v) - To calculate something.
4) Credit (n) - Praise or approval for something good that has happened.
5) Evaluate (v) - To form an opinion of the quality of something after closely examining it.
6) Institute (n)- An organisation that has a particular purpose, especially one that is connected with education or a particular profession
7) Obtain (v)- To get or acquire something.
8) Primary (adj)- Main, most important, or basic.
9) Reside (v) - To live in a particular place.
10) Site (n) - A place where something is located (often a building or town).
Practise the spellings of and learn the definitions of the following words.
Please read a text/texts of your choice for at least an hour over the course of the week. Record details of what you have read on your homework reading log. This should include date(s), title of text, pages read and a brief overview of events/what has happened.
Your completed homework reading log should be brought to your lesson every Monday. If you lose it, you should record information on paper and transfer it to a new homework reading log. Once the homework reading log is full, this should be glued into the back of your exercise book.
You should also be practising the recital of your chosen poem from the anthology. You need to be able to share your poem with the rest of the class without referring to a copy of the poem. You may produce a Power Point presentation to accompany your recital if you wish.
Imagine you have been asked to create a poster for primary school children to help them understand all about this word class (pick either nouns, adjectives, verbs or advrbs)
You must include:
•A clear title
•A definition of this word class
•As much information as possible about this word class and any sub-classes or sub-categories
•Examples of words that fall into this word class
Use the work you have done in your books to help you!
Then complete the poster task. It should be done on A4 paper at least and have your name on it.
Imagine you have been asked to create a poster for primary school children to help them understand all about this word class.
Use the work you have done in your books to help you
Please learn the following spellings and definitions:
1. Authority (n) 2. Context (n) 3. Distribute (v) 4. Export (v) 5. Income (n) 6. Labour (n) 7. Percent (n) 8. Require (v) 9. Significant (adj) 10. Vary (v)
You should fully complete your spellings sheet. IF YOU LOSE YOUR SPELLING SHEET, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE TASK ON PAPER. EACH SPELLING SHOULD BE WRITTEN OUT THREE TIMES, A DEFINITION GIVEN AND THEN EACH WORD USED APPROPRIATELY IN A SENTENCE.
On an A4 piece of paper - Design and draw a perfect predator (it does not have to be real!!). Label the features which help it to catch its prey
Please learn the following 10 spellings and definitions for next week. Next weeks test will be out of 20 marks.
1) Abandon (v) - to leave somebody or something with no intention of returning
2) Arbitrary (adj)- A decision, action or rule not based on a system, evidence or principles and often seeming unfair
3) Complement (n) - something that makes something else seem good, attractive, or complete
4) Denote (v) to be a sign of something
5) Exhibit (v) to show something in a public place for people to enjoy or to give them information
6) Induce (v) to persuade or influence somebody to do something; to cause something to happen
7) Minimise (v) to reduce something, especially something bad, to the lowest possible level
8) Predominant (adj) most obvious or noticeable
9) Revise (v) revise something: to change your opinions or plans, for example because of something you have learned
10) Uniform (n) - a special set of clothes that are worn by people who do a particular job or people who go to a particular school
Please complete your spellings sheet and learn the following spellings and defintions:
1. Channel (v) 2. Contrary (n) 3. Differenentiate (v) 4. Extract (v) 5. Guarantee (v) 6. Insert (v) 7. Phenomenon (n) /Phenomena (plural) 8. Reverse (v) 9. Survive (v) 10. Visible (adj)
IF YOU LOSE YOUR SPELLING SHEET, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE TASK ON PAPER. EACH SPELLING SHOULD BE WRITTEN OUT THREE TIMES, A DEFINITION GIVEN AND EACH WORD USED APPROPRIATELY IN A SENTENCE.
Please complete your sheet and learn the following spellings and definitions:
1.Abandon (v) 2. Arbitrary (adj) 3. Complement (n) 4. Denote (v) 5. Exhibit (v) 6. Induce (v) 7. Minimise (v) 8. Predominant (adj) 9. Revise (v) 10. Uniform (n)
IF YOU LOSE YOUR SPELLING SHEET, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE TASK ON PAPER. EACH WORD SHOULD BE WRITTEN OUT THREE TIMES, A DEFINITION GIVEN AND EACH WORD USED APPROPRIATELY IN A SENTENCE.
YOU SHOULD SPEND SOME TIME LEARNING/RECITING YOUR CHOSEN POEM TO PREPARE FOR THE RECITAL TO THE CLASS DURING THE LAST LESSON OF TERM.
Complete the paragraph you started in the lesson, using your annotations on the poem and the arguments, quotations and annotations you did before the end of the lesson.
Shelley depicts Ozymandias as ______________________ as is demonstrated through the line “___________________”, which presents the king as ___________________________________. The use of ________ in “_______” proves Shelley is portraying the king as __________________________________________. This reflects Shelley’s views, that ____________________________. For this reason, he suggests that Ozymandias is _____________________.
Complete your spelling sheet and learn the following spellings and definitions:
1. Aid (n) 2. Confirm (v) 3. Deny (v) 4. Equip (v) 5. Grade (n) 6. Innovate (v) 7. Paradigm (n) 8. Release (v) (n) 9. Successor (n) 10. Unique (adj)
IF YOU LOSE YOUR SPELLING SHEET, THE TASK MUST BE COMPLETED ON PAPER. EACH SPELLING SHOULD BE WRITTEN OUT THREE TIMES, A DEFINITION GIVEN AND EACH WORD USED APPROPRIATELY IN A SENTENCE.
Practice the spellings of and learn the definitions for the following words.
Complete your spelling sheet and learn the following spellings and defintions:
1. Aid (n) 2. Confirm (v) 3. Deny (v) 4. Equip (v) 5. Grade (n) 6. Innovate (v) 7. Paradigm (n) 8. Release (v) 9. Successor (n) 10. Unique (adj)
IF YOU LOSE YOUR SHEET, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE TASK ON PAPER. ALL SPELLINGS SHOULD BE WRITTEN OUT THREE TIMES, A DEFINITION GIVEN AND THEN A SENTENCE USING EACH WORD APPROPRIATELY.
Complete your spellings and definitions sheet for week 6. You need to learn to spell and define all ten words.
1. Chemical (adj) 2. Convert (v) 3. Dispose (v) 4. File (n) 5. Hierarchy (n) 6. Intervene (v) 7. Priority (n) 8. Simulate (v) 9. Thesis (n) 10. Voluntary (adj)
IF YOU LOSE YOUR SPELLING SHEET, THE TASK SHOULD BE COMPLETED ON PAPER. EACH SPELLING NEEDS TO BE WRITTEN OUT THREE TIMES, A DEFINITION GIVEN AND EACH WORD USED APPROPRIATELY IN A SENTENCE.
You should also be spending some time preparing your poetry recital for the last lesson of term.
Task: You are going to produce an A4 leaflet covering the human and physical features of Asia.
Your structure could be like this:
Section 1 – Introduction – an outline of what this report is about, what it will include, and why it is important.
Section 2 – Location of India on a World map which links to a detailed hand drawn map that locates India’s main physical and human features.
Section 3 – Description, explanation and detailed analysis of India’s physical Geography at a variety of scales (national, regional and local).
Section 4 – Description, explanation and detailed analysis of India’s human Geography. You should cover India’s population, settlements.
Section 5 – Conclusion - A detailed and convincing summary of your main points (probably two or three from each section) that matches whatyou have said earlier in your news report. You should also include your own opinions, with your reasons, on what you have found out.
You are going to revisit each Act of the play focusing on Othello’s character.
You need to explore the most significant presentation of Othello in each Act. Use your exercise books to help.
1.Summarise Othello’s character
2.The key event involving Othello
3.Three important quotations related to this
4.Your own judgment about Othello’s character
ØAct 1 (pages 1-11)
ØAct 2 (pages 11-24)
ØAct 3 (pages 24-37)
ØAct 4 (pages 37-43)
You should have selected a poem from the anthology OR another poem by one of the poets in the anthology. Over the course of the next few weeks, you need to prepare a recital of your chosen poem. This means you must be able to deliver your poem to the rest of the class without referring to it. The date of the presentation will be Tuesday 15th December.
To support your recital, you should produce a short Power Point presentation which gives a brief background of the poem and poet. You can refer to some techniques/features of the poem if you wish.
Your selected filters will be listed here. Click to remove them. NB: Clearing dates will set them to default values, not remove them completely.
By default the page displays homework with deadlines in the last and next 14 days.
NB: Filters from the same category of filter will list records that match for either option e.g. 'Art' or 'French'. Filters from different filter categories will list records that match both filters e.g. 'Year 7' and 'Art'.